MEDCOL : Mature Entry Intake For The 2017/2018 Academic Year
The University of Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for admission into its mature entry programmes for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Read the details below and download 2017-18 Mature Entry Aplication Form to start the application
Minimum Entry Requirements for all applicants
Interested applicants should meet the following minimum requirements:
- A Malawi School Certificate of Education or any equivalent O-Level qualification with at least 4 subjects passed with credit (6 subjects for some programmes) including ENGLISH LANGUAGE and other subjects specified in the table under point (d) below.
- A University of Malawi Diploma or, a relevant Diploma from accredited programmes of the University of Malawi such as those offered at Domasi College of Education, Natural Resources College, Malawi College for Health Sciences, Theological College, St. John of God College or an equivalent Diploma from a recognized Institution of higher learning.
- A minimum of 2 years post Diploma relevant work experience in a field related to the programme applied for
Applicants MUST also meet the additional entry requirements for each programme as outlined in the table below:
(Attention: Admissions Office)
Phone : 01 526 622
Fax : 01 524 760
A complete application package MUST include the following:
- Copies of all relevant degrees/diplomas/certificates/academic transcripts which have been indicated on the application form. These must be duly certified as true copies of the originals by a recognized Commissioner of Oaths.
- Original proof of availability of funds for training i.e. official sponsorship letter or bank statements of the applicant.
- Copy of a bank deposit slip showing the name of the applicant and the amount of application fee paid.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) with names and contact details of three traceable referees.
- A clear specification of a programme applied for as well as the candidate’s preferred mode of its delivery.
- Official reference letter(s) from the current and/or previous employer(s) showing proof of at least 2 years relevant work experience.