Alliance International University Requirements
Graduate Admissions Requirements
Alliant International University Requirements,The University’s admissions criteria vary from program to program and are designed to measure the qualities and capabilities required of a professional in the field to which the student is applying as reflected in an applicant’s academic ability, academic preparation, and other personal and non-academic factors.
School-specific Admissions Requirements
- California School of Management & Leadership
- California School of Forensic Studies
- California School of Professional Psychology
- California School of Education
- San Francisco Law School
In addition to the school supplementary requirements for the program, the following are University-wide graduate admission requirements
University-wide Graduate Admissions Requirements
1. Undergraduate Degree
2. GPA Requirements
3. Graduate Entry Requirements
4. Personal and Non-Academic Factors
What You’ll Need to Apply
To complete your application, review Alliant’s admissions policies and admissions requirements, complete the online application form, and submit any supporting documents. If you have any questions regarding admissions policies or requirements, please contact your admissions counselor or the Admissions Processing Center.
1. Online Graduate Application Form
2. Official Transcripts
3. Grade Point Average Exemption Petition
4. Resume/Curriculum Vita
6. Course Descriptions
7. Test Scores
9. Dissertation Abstract
Ready to take the next step in your education? Apply today! Have questions? Our admissions counselors are ready to help guide you through the application process and answer any questions you have. For questions or additional information, contact our U.S. admissions office at 866 U-ALLIANT (866.825.5426).
Bachelor’s Degree Application Requirements
It is important to provide all required documents so the Office of Admissions can process your application for admission to Alliant International University. Please check the following list to make sure you have included everything needed for your enrollment:
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all high schools and colleges attended
- High School Students and/or students who have earned less than 24 college units: An official High School Transcript as well as official transcripts from all colleges attended that should be considered for the transfer credit evaluation
- Students who have earned 24 or more college units: An official high school graduation date, as well as official transcripts from all colleges attended that should be considered for the transfer credit evaluation
- The minimum grade point average (GPA) requirement for undergraduate admission is a cumulative of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
Transfer Credits Honored
Alliant honors IGETC Certificate (Inter-segmental General Education Transfer Curriculum) and CSU GE Breadth requirements. We award transfer credit for military training and experience evaluated for college equivalency by the American Council on Education (ACE).
There are additional admissions requirements for international students. For further information, prospective students without U.S. residency status should contact the Office of International Student Services.
International Student Admissions
Welcome to Alliant | Admissions Review Process
Students from around the world are welcome at Alliant International University. We offer our students the opportunity to learn and grow through curriculum specifically designed to cross cultural and national boundaries. At Alliant, we understand how important it is to feel prepared to fully embrace your professional life after graduation and we are here to support you.
Alliant International University has six campus locations in California (click here to see what programs are offered at specific campus locations). California’s relaxed and welcoming lifestyle and promise of a world class education make Alliant a great choice for international students.
Alliant International University has achieved the highest level of accreditation available in the United States; WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), a regional accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the same agency under which other prestigious California and western U.S. schools are accredited such as Stanford, USC and UCLA. Learn more about our accreditation.
Get Help in Your Country
EducationUSA centers are the U.S. State Department’s network of more than 400 advising centers in 170 countries designed to help local students find the appropriate college or university in the United States. These centers can also help prepare you for your Visa Interview and the Visa Process. Find your local EducationUSA center by visiting the EducationUSA website.
Alliant International University Admissions Process
To process your application promptly and begin the process of admission, it is important that you provide all required documents as an international student. This will ensure that you have time to schedule and attend your Visa interview at your local Consulate.
Please check the following list to make sure you have included everything needed for your enrollment:
- A completed application. (linked to application)
- Transcripts submitted for evaluation for all High School and Colleges attended. (Requirements by country)
- Minimum Grade Point Average varies by program and can be found here.
- English Proficiency Test – International Students whose native language is not English or who have not received their education in English as the medium of instruction will need to submit an official test score from one of the following: IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson’s Test of English, Cambridge.
Minimum Test Score Required
Academic Programs other than TESOL
- Financial Certification Forms will be provided to you by your Admissions Counselor. The US Immigration Department requires you show proof of Financial Ability to cover one academic year of expenses before an acceptance decision can be made. Scholarships may offset a portion of your expenses.
Learn more about Required Documentation for International Admissions.
Alliant reserves the right to require further certification of finances or advance payment of tuition and fees from students whose funds originate in countries where severe currency restrictions exist.
For questions or additional information, contact our office at 866-U-ALLIANT (866-825-5426).
Health Care and Insurance
Federal and state laws require that international students maintain adequate health insurance while attending Alliant International University. While many other countries bear the expense of health care for their residents, individuals in the United States are responsible for these expenses themselves. A single day of hospitalization can cost thousands of dollars. A good insurance policy gives you access to excellent medical facilities and provides protection against the enormous costs of health care in the U.S.
All international students are required to obtain health insurance coverage during their tenure at Alliant.
To fulfill this requirement, students must purchase a health insurance policy that meets all US Immigration insurance requirements for F-1 and J-1 students. The provisions are listed below:
- Effective throughout the semester and renewable for continuous coverage
- Minimum dollar coverage of $100,000 per illness or injury
- Include outpatient care (doctor visits, outpatient surgery, etc.)
- Include hospitalization
- Repatriation for at least $25,000
- Medical evacuation for at least $50,000
- Cost of deductible, if any, does not exceed $500 per accident or illness
While Alliant University does not recommend any international student health insurance company, international students have found comparable coverage with these market-offered agencies:
International Student Insurance
PGH Student Insurance
Please direct any questions you may have regarding health insurance coverage to the International Student Services Office, your campus DSO or Student Advisor. (add email and phone number with international code)
Alliant is proud to offer Study Abroad Programs in Europe, Latin America and China through its vast network of international partnerships. Learn more about our University Partners here.
International Students have numerous housing options in the San Diego area and we encourage you to explore all that San Diego has to offer! Learn more here.