How to Apply to University of Zambia
Undergraduate Application Process
Between April and August application forms for admission are available at Academic Office at a fee and can also be accessed online from the links below:
Application forms may also be obtained in person or may be requested for in writing from the Academic Office, University of Zambia and University of Zambia offices situated at provincial centres. These are located at the following places:
- Kabwe – NAPSA Building
- Chipata – NAPSA Building
- Kitwe – Plot 1467 Kantanta Street, Nkana East, Kitwe
- Kasama – Zambia National Building Society Building
- Solwezi – NAPSA Building
- Mansa – NAPSA
- Livingstone – Zambia National Building Society Building
- Mongu – NAPSA Building
Applicants may download the application form from the links above. For current application fees, check with the Academic Office.
Closing Dates for Applications
As indicated on the application forms
Applicants who wish to send the application fee by post should do so using telegraphic money orders or certified cheques and not cash.The telegraphic order or cheque must bear the applicant’s full names and address.
Send completed application letters to:
Assistant Registrar (Admissions)
The University of Zambia
Great East Road Campus
P.O. Box 32379
Tel: 260-1-295220: Fax 260-1253952
Application Form File School_Leaver_Application_Form_2019.pdf
Postgraduate Application Process
Application forms can be obtained from the Directorate of Research and Graduate Studies or downloaded from the links below.
Completed application forms should be accompanied by a payment of a non-refundable application fee of K150.00 for Zambians and US$60.00 for non-Zambians.
Postal and Money Orders are no longer accepted. Money should be deposited into DRGS Account number 0100110272200 Standard Chartered Main Branch Lusaka. Send original deposit slip to the undersigned:
Directorate of Research and Graduate Studies
University of Zambia
P. O. Box 32379
Distance Education Application Process
Use the following steps to apply:
- Visit the Institute of Distance Education website by typing ide.unza.zm in your web browser (mozila, chrome,internet explorer etc.)
- Undergraduate Students: On your left hand side locate and click on “Online application(Undergraduate)” under the heading “Online Services”
- Post graduate Students: On your left hand side locate and click on “Online application(Postgraduate”) under the heading “Online Services
- Select the term you want to apply for (eg. 2018, 2019 etc.)
- Select the program you wish to apply for (eg. Bachelor of Accounting and Finance, Master of Business Administration etc.)
- Fill in the form with the information required (e.g name, address, educational background etc.)
- Note: all mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk(*) and these should all be filled in.
- Scan and upload softcopy documents (previous education(Grade 12, Diploma or Degree), certifications, NRC, etc.) under the section with the heading “Upload Academic Documents”
- Click on the “Save and Proceed” button to submit the Application form
- Your application has now been submitted for approval, take note of the application number.
- Print the billmaster form by clicking on “Print ZANACO Deposit Form” and make payment at your nearest ZANACO branch.
- Application for Undergraduate Programmes: A nonrefundable fee of K150 should be deposited in our ZANACO Account No. 0382200300177, Branch: Cairo Business Centre
- Application for Postgraduate Programmes: A nonrefundable fee of K150 should be deposited in our ZANACO Account No. 0382200300379, Branch: Cairo Business Centre
NOTE 1: Feedback on your application will be sent to your email. If you do not receive any feedback, contact the IDE Registry by sending an email to “email@example.com” or calling +260978772249.
NOTE 2: In case of any problems kindly contact IDE on the following numbers IDE OFFICE: 0978772249 IDE CUSTOMER CARE: 0978772248. You may also go to any of our Provincial Centres to seek assistance from our staff stationed there to attend to your queries.